Thursday, February 17, 2011

48/365

BLOOM WHERE YOU'RE PLANTED
I would be highly surprised if I haven't used that title already... Anyway, this weather makes me want to go out and pull weeds... I know it's still February and I always plant way too early - it's just something about that first chance to get started. As soon as it gets nice I see this...
... and just want to fill it up with loveliness. Oh, how I LOVE all my tonka trucks!!!

I'm not the best gardner in the world. I'm usually too lazy to water and some things die. I don't know what kind of plants are what or which direction the sun comes from. I just plant whatever I like - usually in junk. The more rusty and old the better. And I don't want to forget my shoes... I love my shoes just as much as my trucks.

I remember talking to pat about this and she liked it. We are kindred spirits when it comes to metaphors... I think I looked at my planting (and other, dare I say, functional stuff) as a way to see something grow... from start to finish. The baby thing never worked out and all the failed attempts and failed pregnancies and things turned out like this... (my post for the day after the miscarriage/when David left.) We missed seeing things to completion - the normal progression of what comes next. My flowers were a way to fill that void... I never use gloves because I like to feel the dirt and suggest you do the same. Didn't think I was a dirty kind of girl, did you? ;-) I'm in a hurry so I'll quit now. There's more to this topic, though - I'll have to get back to it later.

Poor Lily is having troubles again with her allergies... I don't know what to do about it. I may take her to a doggie acupuncturist next... Totally regretting getting new carpet too and should have replaced the hard wood. She wasn't this bad at Dixon House so I'm thinking the carpet may have something to do with it. I'm afraid it's only going to get worse for her when the weather gets nice so thought she should get some fresh air now...

Let's Play!
I'm sure I have the exact picture of RB somewhere... for now this will have to do. ;-)

"The most precious gift we can offer others is our presence. When mindfulness embraces those we love, they will bloom like flowers."
~ Thich Nhat Hanh

No comments: