Tuesday, February 2, 2016

THAT GIRL

I was looking for a picture of Aunt Gloria from OBX and came across this. Even though I'm a lot younger and lighter and didn't have the baggage I carry now, if you want to talk about true self - that's definitely me… with no shoes on and the disshelveled hair and the bra strap hanging down and pony tail holder up my arm.

I'm the girl that collects rocks from the beach and puts them in a jar...

I'm the girl that saves all the bird feathers that cross her path...

I'm the girl that takes photos of the hearts she sees…

I'm the girl that brings everyone together…

I'm the girl that will always wish on a star…

I'm the girl that hopes for the best…

I'm the girl that will forever wonder what could have been…

I'm the girl with the dog...

Yep. I'm that girl.

On a side note - if you saw Glo now you wouldn't recognize her. Even though I'm there almost every day, I feel like I let her down. I don't have as much time to spend as I did and she's failing fast. If I didn't have to work I could have taken care of her better. That makes me sad. She's starting to not recognize me more and more. She yells at me a lot like she does to the nurses and aides. Some times she smiles. Some times she waves if she sees me across the room. Mostly, though, she looks at me like she doesn't know who I am.

She doesn't even know who/what Lily is when she visits. I don't even think she knows she's a dog. RB was always her favorite. ;-)  Sorry, Lil.

Here's a pic SHE took of us at the beach.


No comments: