Friday, October 21, 2016

DIE HARD
I think I've come to the conclusion that 2016 is my year to watch people die.

Today, we went from this…

…to this.

…to this.

Here are the highlights - They had him up to go for an endoscopy for the GI bleed… as they moved him from the chair to the gurney to take him down  for testing I saw him gasp. For a brief second, I thought he was being an asshole because he is always joking around but what happened was a mucus plug (from the pneumonia) dislodged and choked him and he coded for about 4 minutes. I was sitting on the couch (in front of that chair) the whole time - I was blocked in when they brought the crash cart in so I watched the whole thing. They didn't think anything was going on and finally the nurse said she thought there was a problem and I saw the monitor and I'm the one that was like this is serious - they threw everything out of the way and the one nurse jumped on top of him and started CPR and the rest of the crash team came in and I was just sitting there on the couch shaking my head saying YOU'VE GOT TO FUCKING BE KIDDING ME?!? So here we are now - in ICU - on a ventilator.

No comments: