Thursday, April 24, 2014

114/365

THE SCARLET D
This divorce hasn't been easy for me.  I'm having a significant amount of stress changing my name and,  truth be told, I feel like I'm walking around with a Scarlet D on my chest.  Actually, I did.  About a month ago I walked into my therapist's office and took my coat off and there it was... I printed a big ass red D and taped it to my shirt.  I didn't even take a picture of it but it's in my file.  He takes it out from time to time to tease me about it. ;-)  I understand the humor behind it and I was being funny.  I'm totally serious, though. I don't care if all the cool kids are doing it - I still believe there is a bit of shame and embarrassment with divorce.  Maybe it would be different if it was my choice.  I don't know. I completely understand that my situation doesn't define me.  I get that. It's just a disappointment and a failure that I don't like.


No comments: