Tuesday, April 29, 2014

119/365

I FEEL LIKE I'VE DONE THIS BEFORE...
Back at the vet's office today. Video here.

Lily isn't feeling that great .

The poor thing is limping around... she can't get on the bed...she's whimpering and at times just refusing to walk.  She's reminding me of RoseBud after the hike. You know I googled lyme disease in dogs and lameness is one of the symptoms.   The Dr. checked her out and she has a pretty bad ear infection on top of all of this.  He cleaned her face and ears like only he does.  He thanked me for going through two tunnels during morning rush hour to get there and said he would understand if I started going somewhere closer. ;-)  That's a hard decision for me.  I don't know what I want to do about that. We've had a long relationship with this vet.   I don't think a new one will have an old Christmas Card of ours with RoseBud's picture in her file!  It may be time for a change.

Anyway, she's on meds for the infection and has a new ear cleaner... He did a tear test and she will possibly be on eye drops twice a day for the rest of her life now.  Watching him test her tear production was a sight for sore eyes. Yes - I said it... sore eyes. We finally got to the issue I was most worried about and he said it was too early to test after the tick bite and she didn't have a fever... he said he thinks it's just a sprain...  

Hmmm.  I'm not so sure about that.

I feel like I've been down this road before.

No comments: