Monday, April 27, 2015

THIS MADE ME SAD

There's a little owl or maybe it's a baby that I've seen a couple times on the side of the house near the gate. I haven't been able to get a pic.  There used to be a big one that we could hear (never saw it) but I haven't heard it in a while. I was never really a fan of owls because we always believed they were bad luck.  They are cute and this reminded me of RoseBud - dead on the blanket at the emergency vet. I'm sure the story is old - or maybe even made up.  So sad though.  "All I wanted was a mouse for dinner."  Oh, God - I feel like throwing up.

I'm really worried about this tick issue going on.  Lily has had so many.  I know it's more prevalent now but I can't believe that all the yard work that The Bud did with us at Dixon House - she never had a tick bite?!?  All the leaves she played in… All the sticks…  All the "give me my gloves!"

I don't like being a single dog mom and having to take her to the vet alone.  I don't want her to ever go outside again. She sleeps with me - on me - every chance she gets.  I can't possibly believe that I haven't been bitten. I had to take her to the vet for her eyes.  One of the residents pointed out that her eyes were all cloudy.  I noticed it before but didn't really pursue it.  The Dad said he thought she couldn't see and when I thought of it she was kind of always coming really close to things and always right on top of me.  I think she was using me as a guide in a way. When I picked her up to put her on the table I felt something - it was a damn tick!  I just checked her last night too! I give up.  I don't know what to do. It's official now. She's on prescription drops now for her eyes - 3 times a day for a month and then will go down to once a day with an OTC drop added at night FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE.  I don't know how I'm going to do this. Poor thing. Poor little puppy dog.

No comments: