Tuesday, November 8, 2016

THIS GUY

This guy has been at the hospital for awhile… over a week - at least. I've been thinking about him and others. Some spouses that come to where I work to visit their loved ones… some daughters and sons that come every night…  I remember a time when (life coach) Pat wanted me to charge my Dad for writing out his checks to pay his bills… or for taking Glo shopping. This was way back when. I still think of the stupidity of that. I shouldn't anymore - but I do. I shouldn't let her cross my mind - but I do. Some others cross my mind as well.

I'm going to start sending some thoughts of people out into the universe - getting my words out and gone. I feel like I need to give them a proper send off. This should be fun, don't you think? Wait… is it don't ya think? I think it was. Anyway, the words are right there on the tip of my tongue... I just have to make the time to stick my tongue out and let them fall off. I'm hoping things calm down soon to do that - in the meantime… let's get back to this guy at the hospital.

I remember a time when David had to point out that I spun too many plates… that I took care of too many people. I question if he (and Pat) would say that to this guy - coming to the hospital to visit his wife in ICU all day or would they say it to a single mom taking care of her children or to a husband coming to the nursing home every night after work to have dinner with his wife that he can't (actually) take care of at home by himself anymore. I wonder what makes a person think they can dictate how someone else cares for others.

Who does that?

I was on my way back to the house tonight and my friend, Dave Matthews, came on. I flip back and forth and, I swear, every trip back this last week I've been greeted by a song…  Funny how things come full circle, huh?

Today would have been our 19th wedding anniversary… I don't feel like talking about it now. I will. Later.

… I can't believe that we would lie in graves
wondering if we had spent our living days well...

No comments: