Friday, September 6, 2013

248/365

DIRT BLANKET
Glo's sister-in-law and niece came in from Chicago when I was in State College and spent some time with her.  They went all over town including the cemetery where Uncle Norman and his family are buried. They told me directly that she got out of the car and walked to the stone and touched it.   Glo insisted that they never got to see Uncle Norman's grave. She said they couldn't find him or the urn I got when I cremated him.  I told her he was NOT cremated and was buried in the ground.  She freaked out on me. Like FREAKED THE HELL OUT!!!  She said I told her I had him cremated and put in a green urn and she demanded I tell her what I did with him.  I tried to explain that he died 20 years ago and SHE made the arrangements to bury him - I had nothing to do with it. I also told her SHE was the one who is going to be in the green urn when SHE gets cremated - as she requested. She just wasn't getting it.  She eventually calmed down but you could tell she really didn't believe me.  This back and forth has been going on for awhile so Cara, Chrissy and I decided to take her to the cemetery today and got her on film and video so we could prove to her that she was there.

We had lunch and delicious cakes...

...then we took her to the mall and forced her to take pictures with the big giant LLBean boot.

We did a little shoe shopping for her (thanks, girls!) and stopped for coffee while glo practiced wheeling herself in the wheelchair... every time she got to Louis Vuitton we'd have to go get her - she wasn't too great in reverse.


No comments: