Saturday, September 7, 2013

249/365

JUNK IN THE TRUNK
The Ionadi's and Murphy's, Uncle Beak and Pat and Cara, The Dad and I met up in Columbiana, OH for the Antiques in the Woods festival.
I went for funnels. Just funnels. I did an ok job of sticking with my plan.  I didn't fail miserably but I was tempted.  Very tempted. My girls did a great job of my one request - if I say I want something and it has to go directly to storage - STOP ME. I left a perfectly good chalkboard on an easel there and a great wooden coffee table on wheels and a bunch of metal pigs - one made out of friggin license plates... Santa Claus was there - really, Santa, with the most fabulous Tonkas you ever did see.  I wanted all of them. I didn't buy one of them. And here's another request -  if I die before I get one of these carnival games - no flowers at my funeral - just all get me one of these and put it near the casket with one rosebud and one lily and then you can talk about how you never let me buy one because I had no place to put it. ;-) 
And, thank goodness this is my third favorite road sign in the universe because if it was my second favorite (the old giant food, phone, fuel) or my first (overturned truck) then those bitches would have been helping me carry it to the car this afternoon.
I'm just kidding - they did a great job of showing me that I needed some sort of restraint and they were instrumental in scouting out my bounty of funnels. I bought out a guy's supply for 11 bucks. Couldn't pass up a nicely priced globe and some little dollar items - a baby jeep, some keys and a few cookbooks for The Dad. 
I think it goes without saying that, after buying those funnels, this happened... if I only had a heart. ;-)

No comments: