Thursday, September 19, 2013

261/365

UNFOLDED
I keep things... things that I should probably just throw away. I pick up rocks and shiny items that come before me on my travels...  I have feathers everywhere... BTW Cara HATES my feathers I have in the car - like HATES them to no end - totally grosses her out!  I have strange, rusty objects that speak to me when I encounter them on the road and tell me to bring them home...  Those things aren't my problem.  It's papers.  I'm consumed in papers.  This is why I have bruises all over my knees from running into the trunk at the foot of my bed... I have a tiny sliver of a walkway between it and a bunch of bins and containers and receptacles of all sorts that I'm trying to use to "organize" and "sort" my papers and the like. Some are important, some are just fun stuff, some cards and letters... receipts - the dreaded receipts...  Does ANYONE have a good tip to organize receipts??  Anyone?!?

I'm trying to get things in order... There's just too much stuff.  A lifetime of stuff. Maybe two lifetimes of stuff. There are some things you just can't part with (at least I can't) so my goal is to organize them as best I can and store them away. For me, that's the only thing that feels right at the moment. Anyway, there's one paper that I've kept with me... a letter from 4/23/01. It's always been accessible.  I knew exactly where it was at Dixon House and it's been on my desk kind of hidden in plain view since I've been here.  It was given to me folded up like those little paper footballs kids used to make in the school lunch room...  Years went by and I never had to open it again because I knew exactly what it said - word for word.  For some reason, a few weeks ago, I unfolded it.  It was a list... and the first thing on that list gets me every time.  For the life of me, I can't understand it and can't get that thing folded back the way it was.

No comments: