Friday, May 17, 2013

137/365

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME!
My surgery was one year ago today!  Guess what I did to celebrate...

I had a mammogram!  Do I know how to party or what?!? ;-)  It didn't really dawn on me when I made the appointment and then I realized 517 - my address at Cedarbrook - and thought wait a minute...  it's a year.  I paid out of pocket to do a 3D mammogram in addition to the normal one... of course they had to bring me back for an ultrasound as well... and then the radiologist comes in and tells me she wants me to go for an MRI because mammograms and ultrasounds are essentially useless for me.  If it wasn't for the BSGI last year they probably wouldn't have caught this in the first place.  I'm just kind of over all of this and want to be done but I guess that's not going to happen. After all of this why couldn't I have just gotten the all clear and had a year to breathe like the three other people that were all there for their mammograms?!?

We talked about Miss Angelina and all that's going on with that.  Personally, I don't care what she does... I think women can make their own decisions as to what is right for them but I'm concerned about promoting the genetic testing when it's not really available or necessary for everyone.  You have to have a strong family history and many other factors for them to consider it...FYI - BRCA1 and BRCA2 positives account for 4% of all breast cancers. Still a worthwhile test and I'm fortunate to have had it done but I think people need to know it's not for the general population.

Pre-show today was a followup with my radiation oncologist - my boobs were all over town today!   Check out my numbers.

Don't be jealous.  WTF? And that's on medication!

If you think you are having a bad day take a look at this video Soul Pancake featured... it's a little long but worth it. Amazing boy and amazing friends and family that show that you don't have to lose yourself when you take care of others. Go Shane!

No comments: