Friday, May 16, 2014

136/365

"THIS IS THE WORST ROAD TRIP EVER"
I think I talked about how Chrissy and I started a book club this year.  For the first three months, that book club consisted of buying various diet books.  Not actually reading them - just buying them.  Then we got focused and read the intros and maybe a chapter or two.  Finally we got motivated enough to get down to business. We're doing completely different things.  I've quit three times in the last few weeks... she's doing a little better at sticking to hers but hating it nonetheless.

We've been dreading this day because we knew it was going to be bittersweet.  We set out this morning for a trip to DC and - I can't believe I'm going to say this... WE DID NOT HAVE A SNACK BAG WITH US! There really is no point in going on an adventure without snacks.  That's half the fun. The open road and blue sky was just too much and panic and deep regret set in shortly after we got moving. Fortunately, about 30 minutes into the drive, I discovered a little baggie of sunflower seeds I had in my purse... Then all hell broke loose when we stopped in Breezewood.  I got a little whopper at Burger King!  I haven't had a fast food burger in a couple years - that one PETA commercial got to me. Anyway, I fear it is all downhill from here.

No comments: