Wednesday, September 30, 2015

STARTS WITH A SH... ENDS WITH A UT THE F*UCK UP
I shouldn't really care about this - especially now. This is an old post that I started a couple years ago.  I have quite a few that I started and either didn't have the words or didn't want to say anything at the time.  Since this is my year to speak, I'm sending a few select posts out to the universe and cleaning out my draft folder. ;-)

Anyway, long, long ago  - I think it was shortly after I had completed my radiation, I heard that someone made a remark that went a little something like this - "now that she's ok." You would think that wasn't a bad thing and I don't think there was any malice in it. It just struck me the wrong way.  First of all, this person knew very little about me and what she did know, was more than likely wrong…

My point is - how did/do you know I'm ok? And it's funny, at the time I really wasn't - nor am I now. I was having some complications - not that many were aware of  - but still. I do believe that quite a few people dismissed my situation. Maybe so they didn't have to deal with it or think about it or believe it was so.  I don't know.

I am the first to believe that everyone has their own thing going on… you may see it - you may not. Don't make judgement on something you don't know.

Words matter.

Think before you speak.

And...

How dare you say I'm ok.

No comments: