Wednesday, June 15, 2016

LIFE IS A BRIEF INTERMISSION BETWEEN BIRTH AND DEATH

There was a family council meeting tonight. I debated on staying since I know I won't be a family member for long...

Meeting went late. I went up to see Glo after. She was unresponsive all day. Room was dark. She was grimacing. Said water… which I think meant she peed.

I kept saying it was Jeannine.

She opened her eyes - I said how do you feel... she said "I feel terrific."

I think she was lying.

I said I love you - she said I love you too… you're a dear heart.

Hospice girls said she kept saying mother mary earlier today.

She's not eating or drinking - starving herself.

When she first got to the nursing home - shortly after - I brought some of her things over and took a picture of her holding a teddy bear that I had gotten her at the hospital gift shop when I was getting my radiation. She used to collect bears.

I took another one tonight.

SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments: