Thursday, July 11, 2013

191/365

KINDRED SPIRITS
So excited to be part of this... A small group of creative souls gathered at the home of Jenna McGuiggan of  The Word Cellar to screen Jen Lee's film, Indie Kindred. She premiered it a few days ago at the World Domination Summit in Portland and she (and her adorable daughters) are touring the country with it - check out the other screenings.  The documentary showcases ten independent artists and the importance and power of creative collaborations. It is an amazingly inspiring and beautiful message on relationships and friendship and connecting with your kindreds. I was led to this through Pixie Campbell and, after watching the trailer for it,  knew I had to see more. I feel like I needed a kick in the butt to get moving with my art and put it and myself out there and Jen and her film have done that. I'm happy to have had the chance to meet her on this part of her journey.

For more about Jen Lee - visit her here.

No comments: