Monday, July 22, 2013

202/365

CIRCLE OF LIFE
The Glo-worm is not doing too well... I think some of it has to do with the fact that I wasn't able to get up there because I was so sick...  She's starting to hallucinate again, we think. They also found her in someone's room a couple times.  She told me today that she doesn't understand what's going on. She goes to bed in her bed and then wakes up in someone else's bed.  She's telling them she wants to kill herself and they don't know whether to take her seriously or not. I know she's just being dramatic but they have to do what they need to do. She told me she wants to get out of there and said she will go work at the 5 and dime.  I told her there aren't any 5 and dimes any more and she was shocked!  It was kind of cute and sad at the same time.  She refuses to turn the tv on and never has a light on... I think the sensory deprivation from that gets to her - that used to happen when she was at home and her television remote batteries would die and she would start hallucinating. She still thinks "that guy" (her female roommate) gets too much attention from the nurses...  She keeps giving her laundry to the girls and they aren't supposed to be doing it - there's a big sign that I do her laundry.  Things are missing, of course, and she's freaking out... I had to put her name on everything so, hopefully, they will know what's hers. She keeps saying she's not going to be here long. I'm wondering if she's right. Watching this progression is definitely not easy... it really is the circle of life.

.... in diapers, report cards, in spoke wheels, in speeding tickets, in contracts, dollars, in funerals, in births...

No comments: