Monday, February 17, 2014

49/365

WITH EVERY GOODBYE...
I used to frequent Nittany Quill in State College a lot. I bought cards and gifts there and it was just one of my happy places. I have a custom piece from Graduation they embellished commemorating all things PSU and I had a big wedding one with song lyrics... we also bought a lot of their calligraphy prints... I have, among others, a great everything I need to know I learned in kindergarten one. I've been thinking about another one in particular.  I bought it after my mother died. Funny how it came full circle... It's actually behind the closet doors just a few feet away from me as I type this.  I can't get to it because there are boxes in front of the closet - blocking everything inside.  I can't remember the design on it.  I think it's matted in green... or is it blue?

Anyway, I used to know it off by heart. I found the wording on Pinterest. It's sadder and colder than I remember...  Twenty years ago I thought it was full of wisdom and independence - now it kind of just reads loneliness and detachment.

Yes, you can plant your own garden and decorate your own soul - as you should.... it's just nice to have someone by your side while you're doing that.

No comments: