Sunday, February 23, 2014

55/365

DELIVER ME IN A BLACK WINGED BIRD
Every time I let the dog out I think an asteroid is going to come down and hit us or that smoke thing from Lost is going to follow me back in the house. I've talked about my fascination with the ring of ghost children I have... When I hear a noise behind the fence I think a grizzly bear or a pack of wolves or a group of vikings are are on their way up the hill.  I've been bringing my phone out with me in case I fall into a sink hole. I have a problem. I have some pretty big irrational fears regarding taking the dog out. ;-)

There was a weird occurrence today around 7am.  I was sleeping and heard a commotion outside. I looked out the window to find about 100 crows in the tree behind the fence. They were talking up a storm. Yesterday, I unearthed all the poop that was out there from not picking it up in the snow.  I gathered all the bags in the middle of the yard and went inside to get a big bag and got distracted by something else and never went back out.  They were left in the middle of the yard all night.

Did I freak the crows out?    Maybe they thought it was a giant dead poopy crow.   There used to be an owl out back but I haven't heard him lately... maybe there was a predator out there. Are they trying to tell me something? It was a little freaky and kind of mesmerizing.  My phone was on the charger in the living room so by the time I ran in to get it and came back they were all going their separate ways.  I never got a shot of them all gathered together... just a few of them flying away. ;-(

No comments: