Sunday, November 11, 2012

311/365

"WHEN YOU BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND... THEN YOU SUFFER. SUPERSTITION AIN'T THE WAY..."
Many know my superstitions... with knives and coats and umbrellas and red ribbons and evil eyes and I could go on and on... Anyway, Morninglory had their November birthday bash the other day and I thought I would look around - I was actually looking for a couple gifts... I came across this bracelet which I LOVE.  So it turned into all about me...

The colors were perfect and the flowers.... in the words of Aunt Joyce - Shut up! ;-) This had me written all over it.  I revelled in how spectacular it was and thought this lovely thing was just there waiting for me to give it a good home.  Then, later that night, I looked at it again and realized there are "pacific opals" in the flowers. OPALS.

Yes - the "bad luck" stone.

The next day I go to my radiation oncologist appointment and tear open my gown and show him my boobs.  His first response was -  Did we even radiate you?  That's how fabulous my boobs look. ;-) Then he pretty much freaks. We started talking and, long story short, he doesn't like the plan my medical oncologist has for the endocrine therapy I'm scheduled to start this week.  Thinks it's too aggressive and unnecessary and is going to do more harm than good. So - what's the first thing that runs through my head?

It's the damn, fucking bracelet!!!!

Now what?

I have no idea what to do now!!!  I have to come to some decision about this next treatment plan and I'm terribly confused.

And I have to exchange my perfect bracelet now too. ;-(

No comments: