Wednesday, November 21, 2012


I really thought my freak out would be at Christmas this year... It was a little earlier than expected.

Glo-worm got fitted today for her hearing aids. It was going ok until she went to put them in herself.  They are slightly complicated but with a mind that is able to comprehend things - it's doable. She just wasn't getting it. At all.  Honestly, all I saw was almost $5000 wasted and me having to take them in and out for the rest of my life.  That may have been slightly dramatic but it's the truth. The guy could see my frustration... I just got up and said we're leaving and I'll donate them to some homeless person for Thanksgiving... He asked me to calm down and he tried to tell me she needed to "learn" and I told him she wasn't going to be able to and that both he and I should have known this wasn't going to work given her condition.  I could tell he agreed that it was going to be too much for her to handle but a sale is a sale and he gave me some tag line about everyone deserving the best hearing possible.

I think we know what came next.

I went a little Perkins.  By a little - I mean the biggest fucking Perkins to date. I was about five seconds away from jumping over the desk and knocking this guy out. It was bad. He actually asked me to leave. He was nice about it but still.  I went outside for awhile and came back in - he tried to get her to "learn" how to do it but it still wasn't happening. We have them now but they are going back next week.  I'm done.  In the words of David (but for more legitimate reasons) - "I can't take care of you anymore." I don't know what else to say.  This is beyond my ability in more ways than one.

I apologize to the couple people that pulled off the side of the road on my way to The Dad's house after the appointment - I don't know how I made it there without getting arrested or killed. I called her nurse and told him what was going on and I am removing myself from the situation.  I'm hoping someone can do something next week. This isn't good for anyone.  The nurse said he wasn't surprised and thought I was going to blow at some point - at a too long red light or something else.  He said he never saw someone going through what I was going through handling it as well as I was.

Not anymore.

No comments: