Tuesday, June 18, 2013

169/365

NUTHIN' BUT A G THANG
GG...Double G... Grandma Grace... Gorgeous Grace...Gege... she went by a lot of things.

I've been getting some random spam messages via email... you know the ones that appear  to come from someone you know but when you click on the email it's just some random address... I get them from "Angela" and "Christopher" fairly often and just mark them as junk and delete them... this was the first time I got one from Aunt Grace.

It just so happened to be the day after she died.

I kind of smiled and thought it was neat and just figured she was saying hello.

At the funeral home Stephanie told me that Gege (apparently from beyond) tagged her on Facebook... it was a picture of my mother and Faye from Brother's birthday party in the mid eighties.  Maybe they wanted us to know they were hanging out together... and on the internet.  I hope so. ;-)

I always wanted to smoke because of her... because I wanted one of those sparkly cigarette cases she always had.  Gege had a nail shop and, among other things, is the reason I rocked a solid gold nail back in the day (remember those?!) and the reason I hardly ever went to school on Mondays... we'd have Sunday night dinners over there - laughing and drinking and eating late into the night.

Good, good times.

You'll be missed Double G. ♥♥

No comments: