Wednesday, June 19, 2013

170/365

ALL BY MYSELF
I stopped in at Glo's after an appointment...I though she was having her dreaded pasta so I brought her something else.  Turns out I was looking at the menu from last week but whatever. ;-)  Anyway, we were sitting there eating and I could hear her boyfriend talking to another lady in the hall - I never looked so I'm not sure who it was. He was saying that he hates it there... he would like to live with his daughter but she didn't ask... He made excuses for her being busy at work.. having a lot to do.  The lady said she wishes she could move in with her family and have an aide to take care of her so she wouldn't be too much of a burden.  He said he wishes he could take care of her and got a little fresh.  Playas gonna play!  It's still sad, though, your whole life and you end up like that.  I think I've said it before - I walk in there and feel like I'm walking into a dog kennel... all the abandoned dogs that nobody wanted anymore come up to the cage just hoping you'll look their way.  The dogs that they thought would be perfect  but got a little too big or made too much of a mess in the house. It's much the same. I'll stop and talk to the ones just hanging out in the hall and go into the rooms to visit and listen to their stories... I can almost see their tails wagging. And every time I get back in the elevator to leave - I think that's gonna be me.


No comments: