Friday, January 3, 2014

3/365

SNOW HAPPENS
Ok, really - how do these things happen to me?  I prepared in advance for the snow this morning and parked next door last night.  I'm always a little concerned that someone is going to slide into my car on the hill when there is bad weather and I can't reach it to clean it off so it's a little easier for me to get to it in the neighbors driveway.  I was running a little late this morning so I didn't have much time. The ice scraper was in the car so I went around to the other side and saw something that kind of looked like a heart in the snow.  I snapped a picture and put my phone in my pants pocket.  It took me about ten minutes to clean the snow off and get the ice off the windshield. I got into the car and reached for my phone and guess what? Yep.  No phone.  I looked everywhere and realized I must have dropped it when I thought I put it in my pocket!  I retraced my steps - all around the car - couldn't find it anywhere.  I went back into the house and got the house phone.  Of course - when I got to the car - it was dead.  I thought maybe I could hear it ringing or see the lights under the snow if I called it.  I was just about to give up and I kicked something and there it was right by the driver's side door - completely covered with snow.  After all of that it - it seems like it's fine. Thank goodness.

No comments: