Thursday, July 1, 2010

182/365

WHO'S THAT KNOCKIN AT MY DOOR?

Strange night... I went to bed shaking. Not sure if we were just freezing or it had something to do with the vibrations from those bowls last night. Lily jumped out of bed at 5:30 AM. I put her collar on and got dressed to take her outside - when I went to get my shoes she immediately jumped back on the bed and went to sleep again. I decided to re join her... About an hour later I heard this pretty loud knocking - thought it was someone working on the house or the air conditioner or heat pump trying to come on but it did seem to be loudest in the Bird Room. I thought it may be whatever is living in the gutter again but it was definitely different... I'm pretty sure it was a wood pecker. There's a lot around here. I ran down with my camera (of course) but he must have left.

I looked up the symbolism of woodpeckers. Our first meditation last night was of a hallway with open and closed doors... The middle meditation was a standing one where we all stood in a circle holding hands and imagined ourselves as a tree rooted in the earth and called upon the tree in the center of our group and called upon our parents and ancestors and our last meditation we went back to our mother's womb - where the only thing asked of us at that time was to receive. So they all kind of related to the description of the woodpecker... but I guess when you are looking for answers you can easily associate things together and make connections.

I don't know what the heck it's supposed to mean! Going back out to try to look for this bird... be back later. ;-)

I'm back. I think I actually saw him! Lily and I were sitting on the deck doing some work and I think a woodpecker came and sat on the railing right under the light. I didn't know whether to reach for my camera which was right in front of me or run over to close the screen door that was partly open... I had visions of him flying around in the house so I panicked and went for the screen door and scared the poor thing away... maybe he'll be back. Check back later...

No bird. We were told last night that all things in life are a metaphor.... How's this...
LOOKS LIKE HE'S NOT COMING BACK. ;-(

NO PICTURE FOR TODAY.

No comments: