Tuesday, July 6, 2010

187/365

Ten On Tuesday (Unintentional mini food / cake theme)

1. A friend of mine from high school posted this little tidbit on Facebook... "Back to the Future Doc sets the clock in the DeLorean to 25 years into the future... yesterday was that day, July 5, 2010!!!"
{Edit - this looks like it's false - see how things go viral immediately - looks like there's a tweet retraction.} I don't know - not the biggest BTTF fan so 25-30 years... still a long time! ;-)

2. I will never bake, eat or buy red velvet cake anymore. I attempted to make cupcakes the other day and the color of the batter made me completely sick - then my new flower cupcake pan from Sur La Table turned them into nipple cakes. I have a picture but I'm slightly embarrassed to even post it.

3. I still haven't given Aunt Gloria her birthday presents for this year... (this photo is from 2008 - Friday night party prep for 80th bday - right after Rosebud died.)


4. My Dad told me that Jimmy Dean (the sausage guy) died the other day. I don't eat sausage but I do like those commercials.


5. I think I want to try to recreate those pig cakes from Naas...


6. She was so LITTLE!


7. I pretty much ate a whole thing of herbed Fromager d'Affinois.. Thanks Portia and Conan for getting me hooked on that. ;-) It wasn't the same without the wine crackers though. I should have quit while I was ahead. There goes my no dairy thing...

8. Do you think mini-doughnuts will have the same appeal as mini cupcakes?


9. Pickpocketing Pug


10. I came across this the other day... Should have sent it to Cake Wrecks. I guess the E is optional.

No comments: