Tuesday, February 28, 2012

59/365

TOT - Ten on Tuesday

1. I thought this was the best thing said at the Oscars the other night - "...now I don't have to wait for her wedding to tell her how brilliant she is..." (The Irish father/daughter team who won for The Shore.) Seriously, how cute was that?

2. Second best thing said (to her husband) from the great Meryl Streep... "...everything I value most in our lives you've given to me..." ;-)

3. I've been having tons of laptop problems and phone problems - it's been one thing after the next the last couple days - and then I got an email last night from the bank - apparently they thought it was strange that I bought a $107 football jersey from manchester, england... WTF? People really like stealing my identity. At least it wasn't as much as the last couple times.

4. You would think I would have thought twice about ordering online tonight, huh? I remembered I had this little guy on a watch list 34 seconds before the bidding ended... Luckily I was quick enough to get a bid in. I couldn't resist it - especially for $4.26.

5. I was never one of those people that freaked out with the new FB changes but I'm going to say it... I HATE the new Pinterest! Why did it have to go all mainstream now and screw everything up? Clooney and Pug pin is still pretty popular, though. I had 216 re-pins on it last week... last I checked it was up to 280+ now. People love them some pugs (and some Clooney, too, I guess.)

6. I watched a really good documentary the other day on HBO... it was kids interviewing people from the great depression. I don't know how I've never seen it before. It was a few years old. We've had HBO since it came out because of boxing and I feel like I grew up on all those documentaries. The Bud's been getting sick of me and my insomnia and is in with the Dad. As we speak, out of the hundreds of things I could have on - I'm watching the fights. I am my father's daughter.

7. Did you see the Cirque Du Soleil tiny mess up on the Oscars? I was sad. ;-( It was still spectacular as always, though. If you've never seen one - you have to go. I've seen several. It will be one of the most extraordinary things you've ever seen.

8. One of the boys on American Idol did Gravity by Sara Bareilles and I'm always reminded of this when I hear it. I posted it a few months ago but it's that good that I'm going to post it again.... Kayla & Kupono - Gravity.

9. I saw the cutest little stuffed elephant the other day in Pier 1. I was going to get it but I don't really have any place for it. It would have been adorable in a little girl's room. My mother collected elephants so I always think of her when I see them. This may quite possibly be the cutest thing ever. ;-)

10. Working on a lesson on self portraits... this was always one of my favorites.
Who do you think you are? When you look in the mirror - who do you see looking back at you?

No comments: