Sunday, April 22, 2012

113/365

THIS SMALL HOUSE



















Since today is Earth Day let's talk about a greener environmental footprint... starting with your house.

Small house living is a big thing these days... part of me feels like I'm doing it myself here in this room. I've seen many different styles and types - this one in the picture is adorable.  I actually thought to myself this would make a great "dog" house for Lily so I don't think I'm terribly committed to the whole tiny house living idea just yet. That plus the fact that most of these houses are smaller than my storage unit so I can't see myself getting any bins in something like this.

You would have less to clean in a small house... would probably be outdoors more due to lack of space... lower energy bills obviously, eat fresher foods because your refrigerator would be dorm size, you could even tow your house somewhere else when you are ready to move.

It is kind of fascinating... figure out exactly what you need and live accordingly. I read that we spend about 80% of our time wearing 20% of the clothes we own. And you could get a laptop with a tv tuner and not have to worry about multiple tvs, a DVD, VCR, Blue Ray, etc... Want what you have.. no excess and be happy.

Tumbleweed Houses has some of the best little houses I've seen.  Check them out here.
------
I forgot to talk about this yesterday - I had a dream Friday night... it was in a house that I've dreamed about before - don't know who it belongs to or if it's mine but I was getting into bed... which was kind of like these little houses - up against a wall - one way in - one way out.. like a camper.  I just settled down and someone else gets into bed with me.. the space was so small I couldn't tell who it was... all I saw was a body over me - then she turned and I saw her face - it was Denise. It happened right when I fell asleep and I freaked myself out for the rest of the night.  She didn't say a word, though I literally woke up instantly so I guess I didn't give her a chance. Weird.

No comments: