Wednesday, April 18, 2012

109/365

THERE'S NO WINKY'S IN WILMERDING
I went to a special Healing Mass at St John's with Barbie and some friends... There is a Fraternity of Priests from Pittsburgh and Greensburg that have a special gift. The main priest that spoke is now in Swissvale but he was originally from Wilmerding... hence my post title... he was talking about the Winky's commercial that proclaimed those words. ;-)

Anyway, this group of priests do monthly healing masses. Before the mass they ask the Lord for words of knowledge... which led to us hearing about "Rose who will be healed from worry" and "knees will be healed" and "someone that works in the meat department will not have financial troubles." There were marriage issues and conception issues and some brain and skin cancer issues. It was all over the place. There were pages of things read - general and specific... after mass you could speak to any of the priests - I think there were nine of them... everyone formed lines. We only saw one person fall to the ground... they just let her stay there and everyone kind of walked around her. I was kind of drawn to a different priest while waiting in another line so I jumped ship... I told him what was going on and Barbie (watching in the other line) said he kind of looked a little startled - that's probably when he said I had "quite the cross to bear." ;-) As he laid his hands on me and blessed me with oil he said he was drawn to two words when they were all gathered together receiving their messages... peace and trust - and told me to believe the same...

It was a nice night and as I left - I made the sign of the cross and (judge me if you want) put holy water on my boobs. I need all the help I can get.

No comments: