Monday, April 2, 2012

93/365

I COULDN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP IF I TRIED
I had an appointment at the Hillman Cancer Center today with a Genetics counselor. I decided to go by myself. I figured it wouldn't be a big deal since it was just an interview and some information and some blood work. I didn't have to worry about parking since they valet - that stresses me out the most since I'm usually always running late. I was surprisingly on time this morning, though, and then I got stuck two minutes later by some freak truck malfunction that nobody seemed to know how to rectify.

Even so, I actually got there early and 90 minutes later I walked out a little more confused than I walked in but excited to be on my way home... They brought my car around and I went merrily on my way.


I spent the next three hours in the parking lot of Trader Joes...

I stopped to get a few things since I knew I probably wouldn't be able to drive the next couple days after tomorrow's appointment. I come back to the car with my groceries and it wouldn't start at all! I was tired and starving (I hadn't eaten since brunch yesterday in DC) and had a terrible headache and all I wanted to do was get home. Carey and Terry came and rescued my groceries and brought them back to their house and I called AAA for a battery truck... then I called my mechanic... who told me to cancel the battery truck and get it towed to him... so I called AAA again to do that and while I was on the phone with them I got a call that the battery truck was on it's way and along came William.
Long story short it wasn't the battery... he was testing this and that and asked about something which was exactly my gas pedal story with it making a noise and jumping forward... he didn't want me driving it so I had to wait for the tow truck...
Not that it's possible to buy karma but they were both very nice so I tipped them $20 each because I didn't have anything smaller. Can I just get through one day without something wacky happening?

What is the universe trying to tell me?

Seriously, if anyone has any idea - let me know.

No comments: