Thursday, April 5, 2012

96/365

TOT - TWELVE ON THURSDAY ;-)
DC ADVENTURES...

1. Following Lizzie to her 25 point turn parking place behind the house. I saw what I thought was a "squirrel with a weird tail" as we were getting out of the car. Yep... NOT a squirrel!!!

2. Her current humble abode...

3. Fab things at a house sale we randomly came across... They had a couple great 50's dining table sets and a really nice old yellow refrigerator and some mantels. I got an old fashioned ice cream scoop with a turquoise handle for $2.00.

4. Leaving the yard sale I saw my first real live YARN BOMB while we were stopped at a stop sign. It had flowers on it too! I was so excited. ;-)

5. Cute!

6. These little girls were playing across the street from Lizzie's house - nothing like a little quilt cape to make you feel like a superhero. I wonder if it would have taken us less time to build her desk if we had capes on too?! I think it would have helped.

7. Cherry Blossoms were kind of over but we were still going to go to the Mall to check them out... then Chrissy discovered there were no stores there so we never went. She just wanted to drive by instead. Lizzie live tweeted some #momindc moments! Here's a random tree in front of some library. We figured we needed to take what we could get.

8.Hello old ceiling tiles!
This trip was a furniture delivery mission. We are usually running around and going to Target multiple times a day to get stuff for her room... we were determined to do at least one fun thing - besides assemble furniture and eat - eating is always fun. ;-) We went to Eastern Market on Saturday and shopped till we dropped... hmmmm I bought a bracelet there that reminded me of one of RoseBud's collars and now I don't know where I put it??? Anyway, we got all kinds of goodies while we were there...

9 ... Including some herbs for The Dad that we had to revive in the hotel bathroom sink because they sat in the car all day.

10. Like I said, eating is always fun... We went to Ted's Bulletin on Friday - I'm going to serve onion rings in little baby iron skillets like this from now on.
Saturday we went to Lola's and Lizzie and I couldn't decide between breakfast or lunch so we shared chocolate chip pancakes and a smoked bacon and cranberry chicken salad sandwich which was delish!
Then a late dinner in Chinatown at Matchbox with Kate and her boyfriend. I couldn't decide between two pizzas so they split them for me... NOTE: the warning that the Fire & Smoke pizza is spicy is very accurate!
Sunday we met four of Lizzie's friends for brunch at Saint Ex. Kiss my cheddar grits...

11. I like this bike share thing... well, I like the bikes all lined up in a row!
Lizzie's friend that came to brunch with us checked her app and there were no bikes available when we were finished eating so we were so excited to take her home because she lives in LaDroit Park and we've been fascinated with that place since the last time we were there!

12. We even made it to church! Yes and hell didn't freeze over. Lizzie asked us to go to her new church with her. We 20 questioned her about it - she told us we would have to stand up and introduce ourselves and we groaned... then she told us there would be food after and we got all happy. The day was in support of Trayvon Martin. Everyone was encouraged to wear a hoodie. I wanted to take a picture of everyone with their hoodies up but Chrissy said it wasn't appropriate - I wish I did because it was a lovely moment. I'm glad we went.... even though we had to talk to strangers. ;-)

No comments: