Saturday, February 16, 2013

47/365

NO PARKING BABY
I think Emily is dying.  Glo-worm is completely oblivious... in fact, I walked in and she told me how much better she can see and that once the "other" eye is done it will be great.  She didn't have the cataract surgery on the first eye yet - it was just the pre-op appointment! I kept telling her they didn't do it yet on Thursday when we went to the doctor but she had no idea what I was talking about.

It's really sad walking down the hall and seeing all these people... it's almost like dogs at the pound. There's no one to take care of them or no one that wants to. It always takes me longer because I go in and talk to some of them or wave by the door and ask how they are. I think a lot of them think I work there.  The other day one of the ladies saw me walk out of Glo's room and when I got to her she told me I looked like I had it all together.  I didn't want to shatter the illusion so I just told her that some days are better than others and changed the subject and told her her hair looked nice which she was really happy to hear. She had just gotten it done in the beauty salon.

David told me yesterday that I'm juggling a lot of balls and I should let some go... I think that's a noble statement and I get the point. I also think it's a selfish and inconsiderate one as well.  Life isn't to abandon those around you when it gets tough.  I'm just saying.

The nurses started putting these signs up. ;-) Like a moth to a flame, they all congregate at the nurses station or when they see the med cart come they flock to it. It was getting hard to leave because there would be five or six wheelchairs right outside the elevator. I'm not sure this is going to go over so well.

No comments: