Saturday, February 23, 2013

54/365

JUST A LITTLE PRICK (X3)
I had to reschedule Lily's vet appointment to yesterday to get her tested for Lyme Disease.  Remember the tick incident? After the news about Daddy I was hoping things would go better but it started off - let's just say - not on a good paw.  A new girl tried to get blood out of Lily's leg for the test... she found a vein but no blood!  So she did it again.... nothing.  Apparently, her veins were rolling and she wasn't having any luck.  I told them that my Dad has the same problem and they were joking saying she must take after her Grandpa.  We were all laughing and then I stopped.  The other girl said she would take it out of Lily's jugular.  I kind of freaked.  I don't have any pictures of us in the exam room but the only thing that came to mind was this of RoseBud (dead) and I honestly thought I was going to pass out.

I questioned whether it would be a good idea to take it from her neck... I couldn't get to my phone fast enough to text Carey and ask if it was ok... Lily twirls a lot and is a wiggle worm.  I was afraid she was going to puncture something.  By now Lily was whimpering pretty bad because they were holding her down and I felt like the room was spinning. Before I could snatch her off the table and run away to a deserted island she was done. In a matter of one second she got what she needed.  We had to wait awhile in the office for them to get the results but I didn't care... because you KNOW I thought she was going to end up bleeding out so better to be there than somewhere else! I even stopped on the way home to check her.

FYI -  everything turned out to be fine!!!

No comments: