Tuesday, October 15, 2013

287/365

MEGA-PROTECTED
I sometimes wonder if I would have been the mother that sat in the car outside the school for the entire day in case there was some sort of disaster... I, more than likely, would have set up a darling little room and home schooled my kid(s).  I mean, come on, I wanted to put The Bud in a bubble suit so she didn't get cooties from the other dogs at PugFest! Anyway, Katherine came in today and I met her and Chrissy for dinner and then we brought her to catch the bus to go back to State College. We dropped her off and waited across the street...  the bus was running a little late so we were all calling trying to get through to see what what was going on... Finally, one came and Katherine was no place to be found.  I immediately came to the conclusion that she was abducted in the twelve minutes we were sitting there... Chrissy was freaking out because she wasn't answering her phone and we couldn't get in touch with her and we knew (but she didn't) that the bus that arrived WAS her bus. I had no choice but to jump out of a moving vehicle and run down the length of the convention center to try to find her. She was sitting on the ground, talking on the phone with no idea that the bus right in front of her was headed to State College!

It would have been a good lesson learned if she missed it, I guess.  The problem was if she did miss it - it would have been us that would have had to drive her to Penn State... though maybe that wouldn't have been a bad thing. Hmmm. I want CCPeppers now. ;-)

No comments: