Saturday, October 12, 2013

284/365

WINNER WINNER PUGGIE DINNER
Today was PUGtoberfest... honestly, I was thinking of skipping it this year just so I could get some sleep but The Dad has been talking about it for months. Today, of course, he was agitated about going. I know that's just his "thing" and he's just doing it to piss me off but I'm kind of over it.  Anyway, he bitched and complained about entering the Pug Look Alike Contest too... there were a ton of participants for that one - not sure if that's a good thing or not!  Anyway, I told him he didn't have to bend down and pick her up. He, of course, did - more than likely because I told him NOT to!  By the time he got up to give his name he was panting like the dogs... Patti, the host, made him stand next to her so he didn't have to over exert himself  by walking to the end of the line.   And after all that fussing who the heck do you think came in first place?  They called out THE DOGFATHER! Click for video.

Lily had a fun time... she said I could have the root beer float if she could have the hot dog!

I didn't even bother with a costume this year. Lily won First Place Pug Costume in 2011 for her Geisha so I like to give the other ones a chance! ;-)  Plus, things have been too hectic and I just couldn't get my act together. I may start now for next year... Lily just went with a simple little shirt and I'm wondering if I should have entered her into curliest tail!

Here are some of the other puggies...

The Tin Man came in first place for pug individual costume...

It was a nice day - there were a lot of people and a lot of pugs...
...and pug wannabes.
And I know there are a lot of tired doggies in their houses tonight.

No comments: