Wednesday, October 9, 2013

281/365

PICK A NAME - ANY NAME
My mother's number has been all around... everywhere. I see it on everything possible... the time... on a cash register... at the gas pump... on a receipt or license plate, etc... I sometimes will set the timer on my phone instead of an alarm if I'm going to take a little 15 minute nap... The other night I was exhausted and did just that or so I thought.  It turns out I must have set the stopwatch instead... I did wake up a little later than expected!  ;-)  Anyway, I didn't even remember until something made me go into it and I ended up stopping it here.

1-6-2... We had a little reception for some of the volunteers as well as one of the sons of a resident.  He's a big help with Bingo and so many other things so he was honored today for his work and dedication.  He  brought his brother (who is also a big help) and his mom came down and three of his mom's friends - the Glo-worm being one of them! The "girls" are really cute together - they are like a little gang and all kind of hang out together...  From time to time someone on the floor will be taking care of a baby doll. I got off the elevator the other night after the reception and there was his mom at the nurses station with a doll - I was like what the heck - are all you girls having babies up here and they all started cracking up.  I asked her what she named the baby and out of all the names she could have chosen she looked at me and what do you think she said?

Yep. Josephine.

My mother's name.

No comments: