Thursday, October 30, 2014

A DATE TO REMEMBER
This last week of October is always active date wise... I have my parent's anniversary (25) and my mother's birthday (28) which was also a date to remember for me and DCD... You know how I like my numbers.  Then there's Halloween (31) which was usually my Birthday party/dinner while the kids were trick-or-treating...

I had to unexpectedly go into work 'till noon on Tuesday -  we had planned to get some work done at storage so we just started in the afternoon.

I brought a change of clothes with me and got naked in the car and changed into my after school clothes. We always assess the situation which involves some serious pre-planning of how we are going to move all the boxes and bins.  I'm am so not good at that so I just do what I'm told and provide the heavy lifting.  I'm not sure why it took me so long to realize that a bin makes a lovely ottoman during our breaks.

I don't have the luxury of time anymore to go through everything so some of my treasures are just being pushed to the back of the unit until I can go through them. When will that be?  I don't know.  I feel like I'm spinning when I'm there and when I think about being there. It makes me sad to just know that my things are going to be unaccessible.  I think I would be more sad if I just threw everything away. What do you do with a lifetime of stuff?  I don't have the answer.  All I can say is, even though we have way too much fun and laugh and carry on when we are at storage,  it is very unsettling and chaotic and makes me horribly depressed.  Even more than finding bins like this - labeled in my own little special way...

Getting back to my numbers, though... we found a bunch of charms in a box - some were from my mother's old charm bracelet.  A record charm with a date. I don't know what the date means... I'm thinking it was when they got engaged.  Chrissy thought it was something else - wink wink. We laughed about that and told some stories and then got back to work.

















No comments: