Sunday, October 12, 2014

WHEEL OF FORTUNE

There was a segment on one of the early shows the other morning about the number one reason for personal bankruptcy is due to people not being able to pay for their cancer drugs.  A couple months ago I went to my oncologist and she wanted to change my medicine.  The plan was to stay on my original meds (which I pay a copay for) for five years and then go to another drug for the next five years... Just the day before my appointment, research showed that going to the second drug after two years may be better.  I'm not sure I trust the reasoning but I thought maybe I should give it a try.  The medicine turns out to be $580.00 a month.  I did some research and there is a discount program and I can get it for $370.00 a month.  Still -there's no way I can afford that. I'm not quite at 2 years anyway so I decided to just stay on what I've been taking and re-visit it at my next appointment in a few weeks. Still, though, I'm a little worried about all of this.

No comments: