Wednesday, October 29, 2014

THESE ARE DAYS
We were just talking about the Graffiti Rock Challenges for some reason and, this is weird, but I often wake up in the middle of the night from a dream of me downstairs in that club in state college - it's a dream like vision of a real occurrence .. I remember a time when Bill opened for Rusted Root - was it with TGF or Shiloh - I can't even remember? I do remember everyone bouncing up and down to Send Me On My Way. I can still see it.  Those days at Nick's Fat City too.  A friend of mine gets mad and says I like the 90s channel on my radio a little too much. Those were days.  I don't think there's any shame in liking the Gin Blossoms then or now - just saying.  ;-)

Anyway,  I was driving down Fifth Avenue today and looked over and saw the City Paper box...

I was instantly transported to so many moments in time - like that show when DCD and I got serenaded when we got engaged with Bill's rendition of Sweet Thing and to that Fourth of July night with the perfectly timed spectacular fireworks to the perfectly sung chorus of Lost in America... Magical.

City Paper Article here.

CD release show info here.

Rock on, boys.

No comments: