Tuesday, July 7, 2015

SAY WHAT YOU NEED TO SAY
I've been silent with a lot of things. Things that -  over time - didn't seem as significant.  Things that were maybe better left unsaid.  There's a chaos, though, that I've been dealing with in more ways than one.  With my stuff in storage, with the things I manage and the plates I spin, with the stories I never told...  I talk to the residents all the time about their stories.  I ask the questions… I create the space to reminisce... I tell the stories and listen to the stories. We all have one - or many.   It starts now - over time - here and there.  My word for this year is speak. It's kind of funny that it took me seven months to say that. I've been doing it, quitely, in my journals and art. Stories of my divorce and my health... my infertility, my time here at The Dad's house.  You know… my life. Take it or leave it. Listen or don't.

No comments: