Friday, July 31, 2015

THIS ONLY MEANS ONE THING...

We are on our way to Penn State. We made our normal stop off at Martin's for snacks and to pee.

While Katy is at home with her new boy we are in state college with her old one. I love Other Joe and his man bun. I really do…

… but he's as scattered with his packing skills as I am. He met us down at the car and said he got a lot packed up and we got upstairs and there was shit everywhere. It was a little overwhelming. He and I were just all over the place - throwing things in bags… going from drawer to drawer. Chrissy just wanted to clean. It was kind of funny…

…and a little sad.  You know me. I had to sigh when I saw things like this….

… or the randomness of this.

I found things in my grandmother's dresser drawers I didn't want to see and I have to admit I got a little choked up at the bond of union Escher poster on the wall.

Talk about a full circle experience… we went apartment hunting with them and moved everything in and moved all of HER stuff out and now we're back getting the rest of it.  I went to take the poster off the wall behind the bedroom door…

...and the same thoughts went through my mind as they did almost a year ago!

You know, there's always something there to remind me.

I was packing things up and I swear I saw a pic of Shawna in a KDR shirt. Maybe I imagined it.  I took things off the walls like this…

… and this.

And these friggin things that were up with 700 pieces of rubber cement.  You owe me, Katherine.  No one but you and I would have meticulously taken these off the wall…

… and positioned them between individual sheets of paper.

It was an exhausting day…mentally and physically. There was only one way to end it - with a stop here.



No comments: