Friday, December 25, 2015

JUST CHRISTMAS
No theme this year. Just Christmas.

It's funny, Kenny called and the first thing he asked The Dad was what wacky theme we were having. Aunt Joyce and Deb said co-workers asked them too… I don't know what our strangest theme was…  we had a backyard carnival and Chinese and a hoe down... One day I would like to gather a photo from each.

One day.

Not today.

I'm back-posting this because my iPhoto is giving me problems. Honestly, I can't remember what we even had this year. This was the only food pic I took.


At Dixon House we used to put the menu and hell's kitchen timing board up. This was the last one - a few months before the end of it all...

It was a pajama party theme - we had breakfast for Christmas dinner.

Everyone wore their pjs. Including the pup. There was laughter...

and fun…

…as there was every year. Yes, I may be a little nostalgic with the house right now and fuck anyone that has anything to say about it.

I know the only thing that matters is that you are surrounded by those you love.

… and that is something we were and I am always good at. I'm glad there were so many gatherings at Dixon House that people still talk about and I'm glad they always felt so welcomed.

Merry Christmas.


No comments: