Wednesday, September 1, 2010

267/365

RENOVATIONS


To some a song may bring them sadness or a favorite place or restaurant...Lately, for me, what brings me great sadness is going to Home Depot. Yep, the damn hardware store! You see the young married or soon to be married couples holding hands - full of excitement and possibility - all excited to pick out the just right fixture for the foyer or the perfect paint color for the bedroom... I know, you also see the older couples that are bitching about what carpet to get for the basement too! Either way, I've been walking out of the store on my many trips there the past couple weeks with a rush of memories and overwhelming sadness (and a strange craving for Quaker Steak and Lube wings.)

If you want to read something cute - take a look at this. Found through another blog I frequent... You know I have a thing for the old folks at home (depot) and I think the meaning of life just may be in those words somewhere. ;-)

No comments: