Wednesday, September 29, 2010

295/365

DISCOVERED
I discovered a few things today...

Putting the drawers back in my dad's dresser I found a package of 43 cent knee highs from Hills and an old bra that were my mothers...

Going through some bags I found the outfit I wore on my first plane ride and the shirt I had on when we got engaged... and the Mickey sweater I wore when we told everyone at a "Friday Night" at my Dad's.

Setting up a tree, underneath some fabric and moss I found the pine cone that Madison gave us when we first bought Dixon House..

The stockings and bra were a surprise but the other stuff (and so much more) were all saved. I'm having trouble deciding what to keep and what to get rid of. I'm getting a little consumed in all of it. I don't know where it's going or what to pack it in - what are forever memories and what should just be thrown away... It may be easier for some but I've always had a strange attachment to "things." I was told by a few that it's because I don't have any children but I'm not so sure that's the case. I think I would just have more "things" to have to catalog and find a place for. I know they are just possessions but they are my possessions - with meaning and stories and almost a life of their own. Let's just say trying to consolidate 40 years into a collection of Rubbermaid bins to put god knows where for god knows how long has been a bit overwhelming.

On a side note... I was downstairs and forgot I "put RoseBud to bed" last night. When RoseBud died we brought this stuffed pug (which is actually a purse) down to the living room and it stayed on the couch until we got miss lily bud.... She would sit by me while I was doing my work and I would jokingly put a blanket on her and say goodnight when we went to bed... I did that last night but by morning I forgot she was there. I was going through some things in the game room and looked down and wondered how Lily got downstairs so fast and covered herself up. It was just the Pretend Bud. ;-)

Goodnight, Puppy Dog, wherever you are.

No comments: