Sunday, September 19, 2010

285/365

DESK SET

One of my all time FAVORITE movies is Desk Set. It's from 1957. Starred Katherine Hepburn, Spencer Tracey and Joan Blondell. Spencer Tracey is an efficiency expert that has come in to computerize the research department of a TV network. Katherine Hepburn is the know-it-all afraid the computer is going to take her job and the jobs of everyone in the department.

I can remember my Mother calling the REFERENCE department at Carnegie Library in Oakland when I had a school question and needed an answer or even just some random question - you got a real life person and they knew the answer or looked it up for you.

I'm still amazed by google. Pretty much anything you want to know - you can find... Just about anything... It's my own little EMERAC.

No comments: