Thursday, August 8, 2013

219/365

CANCER TOUCHED MY BOOB SO I KICKED IT'S ASS
I saw that on a shirt. ;-) You know what's nice about being a cancer patient?  You get the good tape. The nice soft one... and you get warm blankets when they can't draw your blood. Stuff like that. You know what's bad?  They are usually running three hours behind.  I had an appointment with my medical oncologist and then one to get my injection. I sat down to fill out my paperwork which took all of three minutes...

I observed once again that I was the only one there by myself. There were husbands and wives... lady friends... kids with their moms and me. The place was packed... like standing room only packed. At one point I counted 47 people. They didn't even bring me back for vitals until two hours after my appointment time.  I was freaking out because I had to meet The Dad at his kidney doctor and was running super late.  They brought me back into the exam room and I peeked into the office. I didn't see my doctor but I could hear her talking in another room - I saw this guy with long flowing hair and thought to myself - am I going to have to show this dude my boobs?  Turns out he was a fellow working with my doctor and, yes, within a couple minutes he got to second base. I think he may have been the most beautiful man in the world. I was a little distracted by his accent and his loveliness and by the time my oncologist came in all I remember is her talking about how cute my shoes were.  It doesn't look like my three month shot is working so I'm probably going to have to go back to once a month now - which means more valet charges!  That's one thing I treat myself to when I go to Magee... I can't stand parking there so it's always worth it to me. By the time I was done with the doctor I had less than 20 minutes to get to The Dad's appointment...  I ran outside and went to the booth... tipped the guy and said just give me the keys...

Wait for my car?  Ain't nobody got time for that. Thanks, I'll get it myself. ;-)

No comments: