Friday, August 30, 2013

241/365

PROBLEM ELDER
I got a call from the social worker at the nursing home this morning... I felt like the principal called me because my child was acting up at school!  Turns out The Glo-worm is being a bit of a bitch... to the workers and nurses and her roommate.  I think her last roommate may have asked to leave while I was in state college.  I came back and she was gone. Glo totally thought she was a man and I'm not sure she/her family liked that too much. She recently got a new roommate who is really out of it.  Glo wasn't getting that fact so she was getting confrontational with her. This woman was accusing us of stealing her sweaters and trying to take her wheelchair. I'm pretty good at getting the situation under control but chrissy was ready to punch her.  I could see how Glo would be frustrated. The nurses thought it might be better if Glo changed rooms and it actually turned out ok for now.  She's now in a private room hoping that that will calm her down a bit.  She's not very social anyway so they thought this would be for the best. We went to take her to lunch while they got the rooms ready for the move and she kept saying that she just wanted to die.  We asked her why she thought that would be better and if she knew what it would be like to be dead and she laughed and said it would be like this:

No comments: