Sunday, August 18, 2013

229/365

TRUE COLORS
I spent some time today re-packing some Fiestaware we divided..

...with each piece that came out of the boxes moments flashed in front of me.. the dishes all lined up on the table with my post-it notes labeling everything so there would be no need to ask me where something goes when someone helped in the kitchen (it works!) All the after Christmas dinners loading them into the dishwasher while drinking coffee... you know - memories. Even though I have these (really good) memories I can't just get rid of these things.   I know it's a lot of stuff and I have no place to put it and I'm spending a ridiculous amount of money to store everything. What am I supposed to do?  What would you do?

I'm looking forward to organizing more at storage. I think it's going to be a full time job though.  There are some things I'm going to take out so that will give me more room - it's just going to be a big job. I'm excited and irritated with it. It's pretty exhausting - physically and emotionally.

I remember taking a lot of time getting the colors just right as we did with everything - paint, etc...

All these years later I would choose the same ones - maybe add a few more colors now - but these four... they were a good combination.

No comments: