Sunday, April 17, 2016

YESTERDAY
Yesterday was Glo's birthday. 88 years old! Cara and I stopped in the afternoon and brought cupcakes to the nurses. Glo had no idea what was going on. No idea at all. I can't even bring myself to post a photo or a video of it. You wouldn't even recognize her if you saw her. She's in a Geri Chair - can't even hold herself up and hardly responds to anyone or anything. I feel guilty because there's nothing I can do and I'm exhausted from work and how I feel and I feel like I'm not doing enough for her even though there's not much I can do. I don't know if it's a good or bad thing that I work where she is.  It's all becoming too much. Yesterday was also 8 years since RoseBud died… and, in my opinion, was the start of the eventual end of my marriage.  So much - all rolled into so many yesterdays.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GLO!

No comments: