Saturday, April 30, 2016

END OF LIFE
Glo hasn't been able to get up on her own - well, she has a couple times in the middle of the night but has just fallen in the end. They found her the other night, freezing, up against the air conditioner.  She doesn't usually remember me.  Sometimes she recognizes me and smiles. Sometimes she thinks I'm my mother. She pretty much does nothing but sit in the wheelchair and fuss and fumble with her shirt. Sometimes raising it above her head - sometimes just twisting it around her fingers. She was so prim and proper and now this. Chrissy and I still continue to say that our mother's deaths were way better than watching someone deteriorate over a long period of time. Anyway, they recommended she go on hospice - in house - they come to the facility and just provide extra care.  She failed the last couple interviews - she ended up, at the time, being able to put a string of words together to form a 6 word sentence. I think the last one was on the order of - "they are a bunch of idiots."   It wasn't really in that order but it was enough to give her a failing grade. Just recently - she passed. I've been doing some research and trying to make a decision. It's like choosing a good pre-school for my kid -  but not. 

No comments: