Monday, October 15, 2012

284/365

STRESS MANAGEMENT

Everyone deals with stress in their own way... Some girls (and boys) try to eat it away...

Some boys (and girls) like to throw things...

Some people like to just bury their head in the sand or just look the other way... I mean why talk about your problems when you can just pretend nothing is wrong.

I think the great Dwayne Dwyer (as we call him) said - there is no stress in the world - only people thinking stressful thoughts.  Something like that. It's a nice thought, though I'm not 100% in agreement with that and I bet that the person that is struggling to put food on the table, etc... doesn't agree with that either. No matter what - it does take its toll in one way or another... If not, I don't think we would all be looking to be healed as much as we do.


Anyway, I went to a survivor workshop awhile ago and there was this girl that spoke of her situation.   She believed the stress of her mother's illness and (later) death contributed significantly to her breast cancer. I was very impressed with her and her foundation - She is a firm believer in the mind-body connection which I am in total agreement with.  I just wish I could afford to do some of the things that would be helpful. More on this later... for now - a little yoga humor.





No comments: